Friday, March 9, 2012

The Beetles ~ Jeff Lemire

The Beetles ~ Jeff Lemire
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

"THE BEETLES" are tributes or fanart that friends and fans have done for our favorite pulp hero. I am posting the BEETLES I actually own, and then we'll go to those that are not in my possession (yet ;))

Today's tribute is from the super talented Jeff Lemire, the creator/writer/artist behind some of my favorite Vertigo books like SWEET TOOTH, and now the mastermind behind the critically acclaimed ANIMAL MAN at DC.
Big fan of Jeff here so I was happy to find out he was a big fan of The Black Beetle :)
Above is his take on our favorite Pulp hero.

Thank you so much, Jeff, I need to return the favor and draw a picture of Gus asap :)

Tune in next Friday for more BEETLES and make sure to tune in each Wednesday for new art and updates on THE BLACK BEETLE! :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2012 Jeff Lemire
KARA BOCEK, BLACK BEETLE & COLT CITY created by, ™ and © 2006-2012 Francesco Francavilla

1 comment: