Friday, January 20, 2012

The Beetles ~ Darwyn Cooke

The Beetles ~ Darwyn Cooke
~~ Click on the image for biggie ~~

Hello Pulp Friends,

Starting today, each Friday I will be posting "THE BEETLES"! :)
The Beetles are tributes or fanart that friends and fans have done for our favorite pulp hero. I am gonna start posting the BEETLES I actually own, and then we'll go to those that are not in my possession (yet ;))

First: a very dear friend of mine and one of the modern masters of Comics and Illustration: DARWYN COOKE!
Darwyn was in town for Dragon*Con a couple of years ago. I was there too in Artist Alley and had to give him a copy of the Black Beetle ashcan I had at my table. You can imagine how shocked I was (I remember to have been actually and literally speechless) when he came back to me an hour later with this. Still puts a HUGE smile on my face everytime I recall this story (or see the art on my studio wall :))

I ♥ ya, Dar :)

Tune in next Friday for more BEETLES and make sure to tune in each Wednesday for new art and updates on THE BLACK BEETLE! :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla
KARA BOCEK, BLACK BEETLE & COLT CITY created by, ™ and © 2006-2012 Francesco Francavilla

1 comment:

Banon said...

Where can I read all of the Black Beetle stories? Is there a collection to buy or a site where I can find them?